Primitive Teeth (Christine)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- Sweeping Promises - Hunger for a Way Out
- Cold Meat - Hot and Flustered
- Cold Beat - Mother
- Linea Aspera - Linea Aspera II
- Subdued - Over the Hills and Far Away
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
The Sweeping Promises album feels like one I'll always return to and think, "That's 2020."
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
Spent a lot of the year wondering how many bands would make it through the pandemic. Conversely -- a lot of pretty great new records came out. That surprised me and I've bought more records these last few months than I had in awhile.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
Assuming anything goes right with the US's response moving forward, we'd like to get the next recording started. We were able to get together a few times and write some new songs so we're looking forward to continue working on our next release.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
I just found out Mujeres Podridas have a new LP coming out so that'll be cool!
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
I appreciate the stronger bond I’ve formed with the people closest to me in my life. Also, we all got much better at cooking. Bryan got a new dog!!!!!