Body Stuff (Curran Reynolds)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- BLACKPINK - The Album
- Anatomy / Blu Anxxiety - split
- Run the Jewels - RTJ4
- Ocrilim - Plvence Abrost R Msitloun
- Raspberry Bulbs - Before the Age of Mirrors
Essential honorable mentions: Bib, Sial, Napalm Death, Caustic Wound, Mark Lanegan, No Joy.
And as always, some of my favorite artists are the ones I work with as a publicist. This year I had many cool bands on the roster, like Aseitas, Bootblacks, City of Industry... A recap of the year's PR work is posted here.
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I discovered Lil Peep and fell in love. Simple, profound songs that stick in your head for weeks. Charisma in every word, backed by real pain. RIP.
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
Xiu Xiu remixed my song "New York in the Rain" and I wrote and recorded the majority of my 4th EP, Body Stuff 4. I also witnessed my friend Brandon Gallagher make big moves with his awesome solo project, Trace Amount, both musically and with all the great videos he's making to accompany the music.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
Body Stuff 4 and some new collabs.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
New albums by Aeviterne, Portrayal of Guilt, TRZTN, Giant Drag... And I will keep an eye out for stuff on labels like Three One G, Synthicide, Faktor Music, Backwoodz Studioz, and Purple Tape Pedigree.
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
I live in NYC and there's been stress this year but on the other hand it's been a chance to recenter and reprioritize, free of some of the usual noise.