Bootblacks (Barrett Hiatt)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- Atticus Ross, Claudia Sarne, and Leopold Ross - Dispatches from Elsewhere Soundtrack
- Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts: Together
- Houses of Heaven - Silent Places
- Deftones - Ohms
- Hum - Inlet
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I know Panther would mention Steely Dan here, so I'll give them a shout on his behalf, but for me, I was listening to a lot of Hammock. It's extremely relaxing, and calming, which was needed.
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
We were a bit hesitant at first about putting out our record during these times after seeing that it would be tough for us to tour and support it, but in hindsight, we are glad we did.
We've received many kind words from people about the record helping them through, and if we were able to relieve some of the pain and stress of this year, then it was absolutely worth it.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
Hopefully lots of touring. We miss it terribly. We've got some surprises in store and won't be taking any breaks.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
New stuff from ACTORS & Leathers. Plus the one we are in the process of making.
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
I've spent a lot of time on Twitch connecting with some of our favorite DJs. They've done quite a bit as far as raising awareness and funds for artists / clubs / charities. From my perspective, it seems that they've brought the scene as close together as maybe it's ever been and we are happy to have been able to contribute to that community. It has given us somewhere to be social and connect without all the bullshit that comes along with a lot of other social media platforms.