Tibetan Sky Burial
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- Ulcerate - Stare Into Death and Be Still
- Primitive Man - Immersion
- Emma Ruth/THOU - May Our Chambers Be Full
- Deftones - Ohms
- Irist - Order of The Mind
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Gaerea! A phenomenal band from Portugal, I believe. They were significant for us because of their whole sound and look. Totally ominous and killer music. At the time, TSB was searching for new inspiration, and Unsettling Whispers really hit the mark for us as fans and as musicians.
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
2020 was a kick to the groin for all of us. But the one thing I can take away from this year, is that it allowed many of us a chance to slow down and focus back on what's most important. Whether it's personal lives, or our creative outlets. No shows, or tours for bands, so it's back to the woodshed to spend all the extra time and energy working on ourselves and our crafts.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
We hope that we can safely play shows in 2021 and tour a bit. But if not, new music, possible split, content, and a physical release of Lamenta on vinyl.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
We're really looking forward to new music from Cult of Luna, Gojira, and Chelsea Wolfe! All three artists are huge wells of inspiration for us.
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
Bryan: Personally, my newest hobby this year has been cooking more food. I love to use my smoker, and being from Texas...I've been practicing my BBQ and smoking techniques. It's fun and delicious!
Rick: I took up hiking and cycling during the pandemic and made it a point to visit as many Texas state parks as I could. Walking, roadtrips, and being in nature center me. I've been to at least 10 so far in 2020.